As you begin your journey into the dungeon, corpses that lined the floor begin to writhe to life. Behind you, near the sealed entrance, monstrous beasts appear from the shadows. You must stand or fall together!
Forgotten Souls is an expansion found in the 2014 Season One Game Night Kit for Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition), enabling one to four players to experience a cooperative mini campaign over the course of a single evening. It became available for purchase per Fantasy Flight Games' Print-on-Demand service in July, 2014.
Contents (Print-on-Demand version)
- 10 Peril Cards
- 12 Exploration Cards
- 10 Activation Cards
- 1 Title Sheet
- 1 Track Sheet
- 1 Reference Sheet
Contents (Game Night Kit)
- The Forgotten Souls cooperative adventure for Descent: Journeys in the Dark
- Four cardstock playmats for organizing each hero’s materials, featuring places for Skill cards, conditions, items, hero tokens, and more.
- Four translucent blue attack dice – one for each player
- Four sets of six acrylic wound tokens – two ‘fives’ and four ‘ones.’
- One sixteen-page rules sheet explaining how to play cooperative Descent: Journeys in the Dark
- One eight-page info booklet
- One promotional poster with iconic art from the Lair of the Wyrm expansion
The monsters associated with this Co-Op Campaign are: